“I want to go downstairs first!!!”
- Sorry Mini, you’ll have to wait, Dollop and I are already on our way downstairs.
*Mummy walks backwards down the stairs, holding Dollop's hands*
“Raaaaahhhhh, I want to go down first”
*barges past daddy, thrusts hands out as if to push mummy*
- Do not push past people on the stairs Mini, it is dangerous and do not try to push mummy down the stairs. Wait at the top please, we’ll only be a minute.
“Nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo. Humpf. AAAAaaaarghhhhhh. I wanted to go first!!!!!! me Me ME!!!!”
- Ok now Mini, Dollop and I are at the bottom. You can come downstairs.
“I’m not coming downstairs now coz I WANTED TO GO FIRST AND YOU WOULDN’T LET ME. RRrrraaaaaaaahhhhhhh.”
*Daddy comes downstairs*
“RRRRRRRRRrrrraaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, now Daddy’s gone in front of me too and I WANTED TO GO FIRST. YOU NEVER LET ME GO FIRST. RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR, GRRRRRR!!!!! Hssssssssss”
*stamps feet lots more, then wanders down to nearly the bottom of the stairs*
- Are you coming down now then? Breakfast is ready, and you’ll need to get ready if you want to go for your sleepover at Nanny and Grandads.
- OK, well it’s your choice. If you want to go to Nanny and Grandad’s you need to come down, eat, get washed and ready, then dressed.
- Right Dollop, let’s get you changed and dressed, then up to the table.
*Teeny, tiny voice* “Can I have apple juice with my breakfast?”
- Oh Mini, you’ve made a good choice, well done for coming downstairs, can you just shut the stair gate please?
“Of course mummy – but I did want to go first.”